LUSH Skincare For Acne

I've been struggling with acne SO badly over the past 9 months. My best friends sister works at LUSH and she recommended this skincare routine to me and it's seriously changed my life and I thought I'd share this routine to hopefully change someone else's life! 


Firstly is the Mask of Magnaminty! This is a clay like face mask that is very minty, refreshing and also acts as a light exfoliator. The thing I love about this mask is that is can be used on the face and body so its great if you get back acne like me! 

I try and use this face mask just once a week- usually a Sunday to start my week off well! I leave it on for around 20 minutes (until dry) and then wash off in the shower. 


Next is the Dark Angels cleanser. This cleanser is sooooo black because of the charcoal so it is quite a scary looking product but it is really refreshing and leaves my skin very smooth. Like the face mask it acts as a light exfoliator and can also be used on the face and body! 

I use this cleanser about 4 times a week so I don't over exfoliate my skin. TIP- if you don't like the smell of liquorish this isn't something you will enjoy putting on your face! 


We all need a good moisturiser after cleansing the crap out of our skin and this is definitely up there with one of my faves. This is the Vanishing Cream- facial moisturiser that is low fat.

I've found that facial products that are low fat really help acne and this moisturiser just melts into your skin and leaves it feeling AMAZING! The only thing I'm not a fan of is the fact it smells of lavender- but if you can get past that its fab!


Next is Grease Lightning! So this is a spot treatment that minimises spots before they appear. I've found this is really good for brand new spots as it dries them up and minimises them really quickly! 


Lastly is the Tea Tree Water- this stuff is the bomb. I use this on everything! My face, body, pillowcases, phone- you name it... I spray it. I know that the older generation swear by tea tree oil to treat anything and I really think it works! 

This is really refreshing on the skin and I use it every night and in the morning and because bacteria gets everywhere which causes you to have spots- thats why I spray it on things like my phone and pillows!



So I hope this post might help other people who suffer with acne like myself. This isn't the most cost effective way to get rid of acne but you'll find that splashing a bit more cash for treatments works a lot better! 

Thanks for reading





3 comments

  1. That dark angels cleanser seems like something I'd enjoy using but I have a strong dislike for liqourish scent! So pleased to hear that you've seen an improvement on your skin!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's VERY strong smelling! The smell doesn't linger once it's washed off though :-) thank you xx

      Delete
  2. Although I love LUSH I have never used anything other than their bath bombs and lip scrubs, I forget just how much they do! I'm loving these products though.

    Lauren x | http://www.huggled.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© hellolaura x
Maira Gall