The Best And 'Worst' Brow Products!


With big brows being one of the biggest makeup crazes of 2015 and for someone who has very fine (basically non existent eyebrows)... finding the right products to create those 'on fleek' brows is SO important. I've used a lot of brow products over the past 2 years and I wanted to share some of the products that I have found the best and worst for those natural looking Cara Delevingne brows that we all desire!


These are the best brow pencils that I have used to create that drawn on but still natural 'eyebrow hair' look. My ultimate favourite is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. The pencil is super thin so you can lightly fill in your natural brow shape and extend the brows slightly without it looking like you've used a felt tip. 

A great drug store brand would be the Soap and Glory Archery brow pencil. This product comes with a pencil on one side and a eyebrow tint on the other which is great for filling in those awkward little patches. An added bonus with both of these products is that they are  self sharpening, because who has time to sharpen their makeup products these days? Not me! 


I've found that both of the MAC brow pencils aren't that great. I used to use the Eyebrows Crayon all the time but when I started using Brow Wiz, I soon discovered that the texture of the product was all wrong! It has a very waxy consistency and I struggled to get those fine brow hair lines that the Brow Wiz gives me. The Brow Liner by MAC I used once, the first time I used it, it snapped so I sharpened it and the pencil did not stop snapping so I took away the pencil bit by bit until I was left with half a product that I hadn't even used. I don't know if this was to do with the consistency of the pencil or whether it had been bashed about in the post too much but I wouldn't repurchase this item! 


I've tried a few gel setting brow products but the best I have found is the Sleek transparent gel. It dries extremely quickly, it doesn't clump and it makes sure your brows don't budge all day.


Eyebrow powders are my holy grail for natural looking brows. It gives a really nice natural shape to my brows and isn't as harsh as using pencil. This product is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the colour Chocolate. I tend to use the Brow Wiz on the arch of my brow and to extend a little, I then use this powder duo to fill in the rest of my brows. 


My favourite drug store brow product is the MUA Brow Palette in Light- Medium. This product costs less than £5 and I think its amazing value for money! It comes with a little set of tweezers, a small brow brush, a setting wax and 3 different brow shades. I used this all the time before I got the Anastasia Brow Duo but I would always repurchase this item and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a natural, effortless looking brow!


A lot of people love the Maybelline Brow Drama mascara but I honestly don't like it at all. It may work amazingly for some people but for me, it just makes my brows look like a complete untamed bushy mess. It gives them no shape whatsoever and makes my brow hairs pop out of places where I don't want them to be. If you had a good set of brows (unlike me) I feel that this product would work great to add a bit of a darker shade to your brows that will keep them looking very natural but for me its a definite no go.


What are your best and worst brow products? Leave me a comment so I can check them all out! 


Thanks for reading


The opinions in this post are my own and as some of these products haven't worked for me, they might work for you, all you can do is try them out! 

3 comments

  1. I think I have that same speckled gold tissue paper lying around somewhere from last Christmas, it makes a really nice photo prop! Aha, you've mentioned some lovely products here & the Anastasia Brow Wiz is currently on my list of eyebrow products to try as I've heard so many really nice things about it so I'm happy to see yet another good review! I'm also eager to try the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade, their products are all so lovely! Great post & some very nice photos :-)

    Xo Gemma
    http://www.simplygemmalouise.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Nyx tame and frame? I'm obsessed with it for my brows!
    Stacey White
    www.staceylouisewhite.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh no I haven't! Thanks for the suggestion :-) I'm using Brow Pomade at the minute and loving it! xx

      Delete

© hellolaura x
Maira Gall