Is there such a thing as small lips rocking a red lip?




The answer- OF COURSE!!! 

I have really small lips and there is nothing that I would love more than to rock a bright red lip. Over the years I have always stuck to wearing neutral pink colours on my lips but sometimes you just want that sexy elegant look that celebrities like Scarlett Johansson, Anne Hathaway and Taylor Swift rock on the red carpet... and it is possible! 

          


Taylor Swift is a great example of a girl with smaller lips that looks amazing with a red lip! 

To achieve these looks, you will need... A red lip liner, a nice matte red lipstick and confidence! 


Confidence is key when it comes to wearing red lipstick, if you're constantly telling yourself that you're not rocking it... you probably wont! (Even if the lipstick does actually look nice)

When I used to wear red lipstick, I was never confident with it. I always thought people were staring at me and thinking how silly it looked on my small lips. I have come to realise that the right shade of red lipstick actually looks nice and it makes my makeup have that extra pop!


When applying red lipstick I always line my lips with my MAC Lip liner in the colour 'Brick' The lip pencil is so soft and easy to apply. I slightly overdraw my lips (making sure I don't overdraw the corners) I then fill in the rest of my lips with the liner. I think lining your lips before applying any lipstick is important because if you're lipstick starts rubbing off you will always have a base coat to keep your lips looking colourful! 


I then fill in my lips with a MATTE red lipstick. Personally with having smaller lips, I always think a matte red lip looks better, I feel like it makes the lips look a little bit bigger because there is no shine, shadow or highlight. I always tend to go for more of a berry red, the darker colours just suit my skin tone more! Matte lipsticks can be quite drying but after its completely dried you can always apply a bit of lip balm to keep your lips nice and moisturised. Some red lipsticks that I use are- Rimmel- Kate Moss 107, MAC Chilli and MAC Viva Glam III. For these pictures I used the Rimmel Kate Moss 107. 


When you are wearing red lipstick, you need to commit to wearing the lipstick. Often I find that it can sometimes stain my lips when I have been wearing it for a few hours so make sure you always take your red lipstick in your bag with you and maybe some makeup wipes too! (Just incase) 

Once you get used to seeing yourself with a red lip and find the right colour for your skin tone... you will always rock the red lip! Remember CONFIDENCE IS KEY. 




Products mentioned in this post will be linked below. 




Thanks for reading 
  





5 comments

  1. You definitely rock a red lip !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, wearing red lipstick is something I try to do but you're right, you do have to commit to it! It's so daunting when you're not used to it! I have tiny lips too.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're more aware of it because you don't want it to smudge! I'm sure you look great with a red lip! :-)

      Delete
  3. No one need big lips to rock any lip colours, we are all beautiful with our own features :)
    Red looks gorgeous on you!! x

    Bonnie || bonniebeautyxo.com

    ReplyDelete

© hellolaura x
Maira Gall