5 Brushes that have changed my makeup application for good

These makeup brushes really have changed my makeup application process for good. (which may sound pretty dramatic but its true!) Today I have done a 'post collab' with Secretly Megan and we have both decided to choose our top 5 makeup brushes to share with you! 

I remember using those little sponge covered sticks and scratchy makeup brushes to apply my makeup... how times have changed. The first time using a high quality brush was when I 'borrowed' (kept) a makeup brush from my sister. I don't know the brand but it was a larger blending brush with a pink handle and I remember bracing myself for the scratching when gently blending out my eyeshadow and was pleasantly surprised when that didn't happen. Since that day I've never gone back to those awful brushes again. So here's a little tour into my favourite brushes...




Real Techniques Buffing Brush
The days are gone when I used to use stippling or flat brushes to apply my foundation and the days of buffing are in! I never used to use this brush and one day I decided to use it to apply my liquid foundation, the foundation blends into skin so much easier, it allows a great amount of coverage without swallowing up all the product and the finish of my foundation looks so much nicer. I don't think I will ever use any other brush to apply my foundation. This brush and beauty blenders are my life saviour. 


Real Techniques Contour Brush
This was one of the first 'real' brushes that I purchased. With having quite defined cheek bones, I hate using a larger brush to apply my contour/bronzer. I find this brush the perfect size for me. I don't end up getting bronzer all over my cheeks when I use this brush, it creates a nice subtle contour which makes my face look thinner... bonus! 


Crown Medium Blending Brush
This brush is honestly my saviour when it comes to blending out eyeshadow, especially a dark smokey eye. The brushes from Crown are really cheap but are of very high quality. Someone told me that Crown actually make brushes for MAC... not sure how true this is but someone let me know in the comments!? Sometimes with blending brushes I've found that they can be too flexible and it doesn't really blend out well, this brush is just the right amount of stiffness and isn't scratchy at all. This brush is also great for applying colour to the crease! It does it all. 


Zoeva 234 Smoky Shader- Rose Gold Edition
I only recently purchased Zoeva brushes and I am so pleased I did. I have used the two brushes in this post every day since I got them. The smoky shader (flat brush) I use for applying the lightest, base shade of my eyeshadow. It seems like its the perfect shape for my eye and it makes the application so much easier. Because the brush is quite flat, I also use it for my under eye and to highlight my brows. You could use this brush for so many things. 


Zoeva 231 Luxe Petit Crease- Rose Gold Edition
This brush does exactly what it says on the 'tin'? It's great for applying any shadow into the crease of the eye. I mainly apply the second neutral colour with this brush and then use the smaller version for the more detailed, darker shades of a smokey eye. The brush is very flexible, it also blends out eyeshadow pretty well. I haven't used this brush for anything other than a crease application... why change something when it's already great? 


I didn't find it as hard as first anticipated when choosing my favourite brushes for this post. These are my go-to brushes to use every day and I could probably apply a full face of makeup using just these brushes. I love them all very much and can see myself buying more of these brushes in the future when they have worn from overuse! They're also due a clean.... best get cracking. UGH!



If anyone would like to see Secretly Megan 's top 5 brushes, go look at her latest post now!



Thanks for reading





15 comments

  1. I love real techniques brushes, the buffing brush and contour brush are some of my favourites as well!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good aren't they! Not too pricey compared to other brands either! I love crown brushes too they're great! Although the look of them isn't great :-(

      Delete
  2. Hahah so funny we legitimately said the same about the buffing brush too!! Love your post Laura and loved collabing with you xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know!! Such a good brush though! Loved collabing with you too! We will have to do it again some time :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Hello! I just nominated you for the Liebster Award :) Here's the link:
    http://ginaglowacki.blogspot.com/2015/04/11-fun-facts-and-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real techniques are awesome brushes, they make such a huge difference !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! They're so soft and always do a great job!!!

      Delete
  5. I do love RT, nothing really seems to compare!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing! I love your blog its one of my faves! Thanks for reading :-) x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. I finally got some ZOEVA brushes and oh boy are they just the most beautiful things!!

    Bonnie || bonniebeautyxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing aren't they! I'm so glad I bought them! The rose gold ones are beautiful!!! X

      Delete
  7. These brushes look cute and soft...they just call out to you. This is a very enlightening post as I try to find good brushes.

    http://pearlsprettyskin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Real Techniques brushes too, especially the two that you mentioned!
    I don't have any of the Zoeva brushes yet but they're high on my wish list :)
    x

    lovekrista.com | bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete

© hellolaura x
Maira Gall