Back To Uni Stationary Stash!



As much as we hate to say it... University is fast approaching and the best way to be prepared and to get 'excited' about starting a new term is to spend your whole allowance on new stationary! Am I right? 

I popped into WHSmiths to take advantage of the 3 for 2 back to school offer they have on at the moment and I thought I would share all my new shiny stationary bits and bobs with you!

Call me sad but each year I like to have an ongoing theme with my stationary and this year I wanted to go for the monochrome style with a hint of bright colours! Paperclips always come in handy and I had to get this cute little paperclip dispenser that looks like a travel cup! How cute!  



WHSmiths have a range called 'Lexi' and most of the items in this post are from that range. These cute stationary bits came in a pack together for just £5.99! This includes a pencil sharpener too! I really liked the look of these products and thought they would be a way to 'jazz' up my pencil case! 



I am a very organised person and if things aren't organised, I go into a complete meltdown. These little notepads are perfect for the new term at uni! I have a weekly planner so I can plan my days with which work I will be doing. I also bought a little 'take note' notepad to keep on my bedside table. I'm one of those people with a very creative mind and I often find myself waking up at 3am and thinking of crazy ideas for my modules but by the morning I always forget what those ideas were, so I will always have this little pad and a pen waiting to jot down ideas!



A 2015-16 diary is completely essential for writing down any important dates or deadlines for the full year at university. This diary followed the theme of monochrome with a hint of bright colour and its the perfect size to fit into my backpack. A5 notebooks are also great for popping into your bag to jot down quick notes in seminars or tutorials, WHSmiths notebooks are really thick and my previous book lasted me a full year at uni so I definitely recommend these notepads!



So I study Product Design at uni so these things aren't completely essential for everyones courses but I love to have lots of fine liners, sketch pencils, rubbers, coloured pens and watercolours. I try to brighten my sketchbooks by using a light wash of watercolour to add depth to my drawings and I would highly recommend this method. Other pens like promarkers can look dark and can seep through pages of your sketchbooks but using watercolours stops this problem! 



Finally you will need lots of scissors, cutting mats, staplers, hole punchers and a cute little panda sharpener! I bought all these items for my desk last year but I had to include them in this stationary stash! All these items were from Tesco and they are a great addition to brighten up any boring university desk! 


Now I'm all prepared to move to uni for my final year of study! (aaahhhh scary thoughts)

Thanks for reading

2 comments

  1. I go back at the end of this month and I'm dreading it, I need to get as organised as you haha!

    www.laurenashleighbarden.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I start back on the 21st, had such a long summer im kinda looking forward to it now but I know I won't be saying that in October 😂 hope you enjoy your next year at uni! :-) x

      Delete

© hellolaura x
Maira Gall