A Serum That's Better Than Moisturiser?



Having dry skin, I'm always up for trying different moisturisers to help replenish and revitalize my skin. I recently got contacted by a company called Cougar Beauty Products, asking whether I would like to try out one of their products which was the Alpine Rose Facial Serum for skin cell replenishment. I read up the product on their website and thought that it could be great for my skin so of course I said yes to a sample and I'm so glad I did because this product is amazing. 


Before I tell you all about this product, I'm going to copy the description that Cougar Beauty Products give for this serum... 

Alpine Rose Stem Cell Serum

Serums are essential in a daily skin care routine. Facial Serums do not include occlusive, airtight moisturising ingredients such as petrolatum or mineral oil that keep water from evaporating. They contain fewer lubricating and thickening agents, like nut or seed oils. Facial serums spread a long way. One pump is enough to nourish the whole face.

Facial Serums are made of very small molecules, therefore the skin absorbs them much faster and deeper than ordinary moisturiser. Active ingredients in serums penetrate the skin faster and more effectively.

Harsh environmental stressors such as wind and dryness can cause healthy skin to prematurely age, this leading to wrinkles, fine lines and other signs indicating a loss of youth. The ravages of weather, dehydration, and toxins in the air also weaken the skins ability to act as a barrier against the outside world.

Alpine rose is a highly resistant flower that thrives high in the Swiss Alps and Pyrenees, this where it endures high altitudes, freezing temperatures and dry air.

Alpine Rose Stem Cells are found to be totipotent – able to continuously regenerate cells throughout life, this allowing these plants to live up to 100 years. Stem Cells extracted from Alpine Roses were shown to have the same protective effect on human skin. Epidermal skin cells take 50% longer to be replaced - these are the cells which a responsible for skin cell replenishment.

 With the help of Alpine Rose Stem Cell extract, it has been found that skin cell replenishment increased to 75%. Alpine Rose Stem Cells can help the skin fight against environmental stress, leaving skin to be more vibrant and youthful.


How to use

Ensure the skin is cleansed, and all remaining make up, dirt or residue is completely washed from the face. Wash the face with warm water – this is essential as it opens up the pores.

Dry the face, and apply one pump of serum – this is enough for the whole face.

Leave the serum to soak in before applying  any other products.

Maximum effects can be obtained from the use of the Alpine Rose skin care range.


And here is what the product looks like

When the product arrived, I couldn't wait to try it out. That night I did my nightly skin routine at 5pm because I was that excited (sad I know). I washed my face and used my usual Liz Earle and Clinique facial washes and toner and then applied this facial serum with my hands. I have tried serums in the past and they have always been quite heavy on the skin and sticky, but this was the complete opposite. Its extremely light, 1 pump spreads a long way and it left my face feeling very clean and extremely soft.

 After applying the serum, a few hours later my skin went back to feeling normal and quite dry. I carried on using the product for a few days- morning and night. After about 3 days of use miracles began to happen... that may sound a bit OTT but if you've ever used this product, you will understand exactly what I mean. My skin not only felt soft and silky, it also looked soft and silky. At work and one of my colleagues actually felt my face because she said it looked so soft. 

This product really does replenish and revitalize your skin. When I have been outside all day, I know to come home and apply this product and the next morning my face will still feel moisturised. I've also noticed that its doing a great deal for my skin tone it gives me this lovely glow and the 'laugh lines' under my eyes are starting to lift making my eyes look less tired (these results are based on almost 3 weeks use) 

I now can't not use this product, it really has done wonders for the texture of my skin and I no longer get little dry patches on my nose and around my mouth which is amazing for my makeup application. I still use my clean and clear moisturiser after applying this serum because my skin does get extremely dry at times but that step isn't always necessary. 

To answer my question, this serum is undeniably better than any moisturiser that I've ever used. If you have dry skin, I would definitely recommend this product. I will most certainly be repurchasing this product again when I run out!



Thank you so much to Cougar Beauty Products for sending and giving me the opportunity to try out an amazing product that has changed my skin for good. 

Thanks for reading

11 comments

  1. I have really dry skin too and I love serums.
    I'll have to take a look at this one.
    Thanks for sharing
    xx
    www.adrugstoreaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´d take a serum over a moisturizer any day. They are just jam-packed with skincare goodness!

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! All the ones I've used in the past felt soooo heavy so this made such a nice change!

      Delete
  3. Woah what a great review! Super easy to read and very informative. I like the packaging as well! Very simple but cute

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your review, so informative!

    Eliza l www.fashion-confession.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to use serums every now and then, but they never work on me as well as moisturisers! Glad you had such good results with this!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! :-) I hope you decide to post your award.. Xo

    Here's the post, http://www.simplygemmalouise.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This product sounds so good! I have combination skin - it's oily but has a tendency to look really dry! I'll have to give it a go - thanks for introducing me to it!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

© hellolaura x
Maira Gall